on 4.09.2009

A prayer of Daily Offering ...

O Lord, take and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess, you have given me; I surrender it all to you to be disposed of according to your will. Give me only your love and your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more. Amen.

I'm struck by its boldness through its character of surrender. Am I strong enough to pray it for myself? Are we caring enough to pray it for our families? Are we daring enough to pray it for our church(es)?

It's Maundy Thursday, the day when the Church remembers the new commandment (Mandatum, where we get "Maundy") of Jesus--love one another as I have loved you. May we open ourselves to the surrender that Jesus showed to his Father so we, too, may receive eternal life--now, here, today.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

its been since April since you posted last! My rss is hungry for some Mussachio words of wisdom and wit!

paul m. said...

ask and you shall receive....